Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Old school" scrapbooking

The Design Team challenge at Let's Scrap at the moment is to scrapbook an every day moment, "old school" style.
So just for fun, I thought I'd show you another one of my early layouts:


We're talking no patterned paper, double- and tripe-matting, punches, eyelets, and computer-generated journalling!

Now, here's the page I made this week:



It took me a little while to decide what colours to use with my photo, until I remembered this lovely Easter-inspired mood board from Jay Gee's Nook:



 It won't be a surprise to my regular readers that I added an extra spin on this challenge by not only going old-school style, but literally using old school supplies.  To say that nothing on this page is less than 4 years old would in most cases be an understatement!

I tried to go for the no patterned paper, but I just couldn't do it!  I did use punches, eyelets and (sort-of )
triple matting though.  One of the challenge rules stipulated no electronics, so I couldn't use the computer (or, sigh, the Silhouette), so I dug out some old stickers, letter tiles and stamps.

Now, to the other part of the challenge, the everyday photo.


This was one of those rare times that I took a photo just because I scrapbook, documenting what I was doing at 11am on the 11th of the 11th, 2011.  An everyday event (or it should be, sorry Hamish!) made special by occurring at a unique time in history.



1 comment:

  1. LOL, got to love 'old school', how did we cope without electronics! Love that this particular photo is for such an exact time. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete