Sunday, February 12, 2012

Colour Q challenge #123

Just a quick post to show you a card I made using this week's Colour Q challenge:


I've had some more ideas of how to use the positive and negative shapes when I use my Silhouette.  This is what I came up with this time, still using that lovely free butterfly shape: 


Fun to make, kind of hard to photograph . . .


it goes without saying that the papers behind the butterflies are all off-cuts.  In fact, I went back and chose different, smaller pieces once I worked out what I was doing with them.  At this rate, I could make a million cards and never run out of scraps!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Julie, love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just beautiful! I love the look of those gorgeous die cuts with the coloured paper behind. :)
      THanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous! That Silhouette is a fabulous machine---I think I need one! LOL! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, your cut outs are divine. Don't you just love your Silhouette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cricut users don't know what they're missing!

    ReplyDelete