Tuesday, March 3, 2015

More Tasmanian holiday pages



The "traditional" pages for my Tasmania album are coming together super quickly (although I'm not dwelling too much on the fact I haven't done titles or journaling yet!).  Here's the next 5 completed pages to show you, for a total of 8 pages - half of the 16 I plan to do. 
I've decided to conserve cardstock by scrapping on both sides of each page - in other words I've done every second page, and now I'll flip them over and start again on the backs - I'll just have to be careful they're the right way up when I start to stick things down!

One of the highlights of our holiday was a cruise around the bottom of Bruny Island.  This photo was taken at the end:


 On our last day in Hobart, I took the kids to the Cascades Female Factory (old convict site) while Robert took a tour of Cascades Brewery.  Our tour finished first so we waited for Robert in the bar, overlooking this amazing garden.  Anyone who's seen a bottle of Cascades will recognise the iconic building in the background.


We were in Cradle Mountain National Park for 3 days before the weather cleared up enough for us to head out into the Park itself (albeit in thermals, raincoats, and beanies).  A lovely fellow bushwalker offered to take this photo for us as we had our lunch overlooking the beautiful Dove Lake, with Cradle Mountain in the background.  I'm so glad she did as it's one of my favourite photos of the trip.  It even has the bird in the bottom corner that watched us the whole time we were there, obviously hoping to share our sandwiches.


Here we are the very next day, sweltering in shorts and T-shirts, having scaled the top of Cradle Mountain itself. That's Tasmania for you!


We squeezed in one last visit to a waterfall on our way up to the ferry on our last day.


Thanks for visiting, and I hope you're finding time for something crafty, too!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic layouts and the camera got all over the place on those layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful, scenic photographs for your album. I, also, like the idea of the continuity with the sprigs. Lovely pages that dress up the photographs a little but let the photographs steal the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these layouts. I've been to Tassie twice and adored it both times.I have a photo sitting on that rock at Dove Lake too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cameras and tickets that you have included!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what gorgeous photos to be scrapping - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those branch like elements that show up in each page. They help to give your pages a cohesive feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, the recurring cameras and branches/fronds really tie it all together. Looks like a fun trip to boot.

    ReplyDelete