Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November Counterfeit Kit - first 3 pages

This year, my blog has read like one long series of failed attempts to get back into the craft room.  Which it kind of has been.  Mind you I still stand by the list of tips I posted here and here
It's been more of a case that I haven't been in the right head-space for crafting.
What's helped me this time (as well as a tip I shared earlier - gather some supplies together into a kit!) is my tip number 5:
Choose some low-pressure photos to scrap
and tip number 6:
scrap in a way that you're comfortable with, rather than trying out something new and daunting  
 
This month's Counterfeit Kit, which I've called "Dinosaur Tales" has a bright, sunny vibe that leans towards little boy photos, so my first stop was Angus' album, and I've pulled a number of photos from 2008 and 2009.  None of them have a particularly memorable story to go with them, but they're memories I'd rather scrap than not.

 It turns out that even when I'm flush with supplies, I still don't find it very easy to cut into brand new sheets of paper, so I chose one or two sheets to match each photo/set of photos, planning to add off-cuts from other sheets as I make them or from my stash as required.

But enough chit-chat, let's see those pages!


There's that dinosaur paper!  (And would you laugh if I told you that I gutted the centre of both the dinosaur and blue papers before adhering them down?)



I've cut a sheet of circles from vellum and added them to the kit, I love how they make a little home for the buttons and wood veneers. 

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you'll take the time to say hello and share with me your tips or stories of how you like to get back to the craft room!

2 comments:

  1. These are all adorable pages - the little vellum circles is a great idea. I need to use up some old scraps of vellum and transparencies in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gut papers I love so much I can't bear to cover up all the time! three super pages and the tips you've given for just making stuff you like with photos that you love are great.

    ReplyDelete