Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thoughtful spending as a reward in itself

I popped into my local scrapbooking store yesterday to spend money for the first time in 14 weeks!  I'm pretty sure that's a record for me.  I went for page protectors and miraculously left buying only page protectors!  I had a bit of a browse first . . . Basic Grey papers for example always catch my eye . . . but I remembered "only buy what you need".  Walking out achieving that goal was actually a bit of a buzz! It really was!
I then went grocery shopping and practiced there too.  Having just dealt with a moth invasion in the pantry, culling and using up items is on the agenda in the kitchen as well.  I did not buy items just because they were on special, and I did not buy other items just because I had seen them advertised and wanted to try them.  I stuck to the shopping list, and was pretty pleased with the total at the checkout!
Maybe this thoughtful spending thing can be a reward all of itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment