Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hidden journalling challenge.

The design team challenge at Let's Scrap this week was to use hidden, or as they called it "peek-a-boo" journalling.  The photo that I was originally going to use on the layout I last posted about, the one about my craft room, was always going to have hidden journalling, so, hey! the only trick was finding a "Lets Scrap" sketch to use! Awesome!
The journalling
It took a while to choose the papers to use on this page, for example I was swayed by a new orange patterned paper I bought the other day, but I felt strongly that a page about my craft room should use off-cuts!  You might need to double click on the photo to enlarge it, but can you see why I chose the main patterned paper?  Maddy spotted it straight away!  That's right, on the right hand side, in the gap between the hutch and the window, (that's where I put all my off-cuts until I get around to filing them away) is that exact same piece of paper! How could I not use it!
I put the photo on hinges, with the journalling hidden behind, kind of lie "a door" into my craft room!

Maddy thought it would be funny to take another photo (she actually took the first one) of me at the desk with this page in progress.  It's kind of not really in focus, but I did think it was fun enough to post - I'm even wearing the same jumper!

2 comments:

  1. Great LO Julie...I need to have one of my kids take my picture in my favourite place in the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Thank you so much for playing along! Your journaling is fantastic! I wish I had a spot like yours!

    ReplyDelete