Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November Counterfeit Kit Challenge Member Blog Hop


Hi and welcome to my stop on the CKC member blog hop!

You should have arrived from the always talented Susanne's blog, but if you haven't, you can always head over to the CKC website and start from the beginning!

This month, we've been given the freedom to show anything we wanted to using our kit.  If you've visited recently, you might remember that my kit this month is a somewhat expanded version of a Shimelle/Glitter Girl challenge, Layouts with Limitations. 

The recipe for the final page in that challenge is to take your last full 12" background sheet that you've chosen as a background, then layer up your smaller pieces of paper as a mat for a single photo.

Having a bit more paper in my kit, I've followed this recipe . . . times three!  Using the same photo . . . one page for each of my children's albums . . .



At this point I had built the layers.  I then went through all the embellishments in the kit and chose ones that I thought would best match each page, a bit like Shimelle in her follow-up video, Batch Scrapbooking.

And here's the final products . . .







No prizes for guessing which page is going into my daughter's album! And here's that polka-dot I saved from being cut up in my last post - I'm so happy seeing it as the background that it deserves to be!


Thanks for stopping by, or should I say hopping by!  But before you move on to the lovely Kelly's blog, I hope you'll take the time to say hello and let me know you were here!

11 comments:

  1. Three fabulous layouts, and there's no mystery about which one will be your daughter's. I like the idea of replicating a good system and getting layouts done - you've showed us how to do it in style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! What a neat approach to creating your pages! I really like how you overlayed elements on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I am loving these layouts! Thanks so much for showing the 'before' of each layout where I can see the layering without the embellishments - that's actually really inspiring! Will definitely be checking out Shimelle's notes, as it really seems to have worked well for you this month x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shimelle's Glitter Girl series and I like that way you took on her series for the theme this month :) What a great idea :) Love what you did with the last of the paper here for your layoust :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hey you did good- i wrote down that 12x12 thingy to do with my last biggest piece of paper. {{joyce}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the youtube links I had fun watching the Limitations one and I can see that being a fun way to approach get a few layouts down with in the chosen month's kit and having quick fun with some of the paper and elements of the kit :) Looking forward to playing with this challenge a bit tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very clever way to use up a kit and all those little scraps that seem to accumulate while you're using it. Your pages are all so lovely - it's amazing that the same basic design concept can result in such distinctly different pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clapping my hands! They each look different. Kudos on killing your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that you make three layouts for each of your children's albums - wow! And these are super. I love the before and after photos too and what a great idea - I don't use pp backgrounds often enough. The polka dot is really gorgeous and you've made it shine here. I will have to check out the video and well done for making three such lovely layouts with the challenge. Thanks for joining in on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layouts!! Love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete