Monday, January 9, 2017

Expanding on a collection kit: Cocoa Vanilla "Free Spirit"

Breaking news . . .

Well first up in the most literal sense . . . on New Years Day my brother-in-law was teaching me how to slackline.  I was looking pretty good if I do say so myself . . .


. . . until the moment I came off on the edge of the mat and felt my foot twist under me!  I've ended up with a fractured bone in my foot, and 6 weeks with a cam boot and crutches.  Not the start to the New Year that I imagined!

But in lighter news I've managed to edit and upload my third video to Youtube. 


The concept of the video is "Expand a Collection".  I show my process for taking a relatively recent collection, Cocoa Vanilla's "Free Spirit" and pad it out into a larger kit using products from my stash. 



Hopefully I show that it's a process that you could apply to any collection, not just this one.

It's the first step in my third piece of news . . .

Announcing my . . .

100 page spending freeze!

You read that right, I have made a commitment to myself to not spend any money on paper crafts until I've made at least 100 scrapbook pages!

Trust me, I have more than enough supplies to make probably twice that amount!  And if you're honest with yourself, maybe you could too?

OK, so, at the end of last year I did do a stock-take of the absolute basic supplies, like adhesives, refill blades, etc.  My very last craft spending was a Christmas present for my son combined with some page protectors.  I don't want anything getting between me and my determination to complete this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'd love to hear about any challenges you might be setting for yourself for the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I like your spending freeze challenge!! And look at you on the slackline! WOW!! Thanks for sharing your kit!

    ReplyDelete