Saturday, March 18, 2017

More Counterfeit Kit pages - with a bit of help from a couple of friends.

So you might or might not know that I fractured a bone in my foot at the start of the year.  After 11 weeks of hobbling around in a CAM boot, I'm very much looking forward to having another X-ray in a few days and (God willing!) being able to Get. Out. Of. That. Boot.
Unfortunately it's not guaranteed, and it could be that I spend many more weeks in the boot and ultimately even get it pinned, but I see no reason not to hope for the best at this stage. 
Knowing that my life might get back to normal soon (in terms of housework, exercise, paid work, etc etc) I'm aware that my time in the craft room might soon cut back.  So I'm trying to get as many pages done for my spending freeze goal as possible.

Here's what I've done in the last few days . . .

 First up, another page using the same "first day of school" photo, this time for Maddy's album.


Then I decided I needed a bit of inspiration, when I was struck by this lovely sketch at The Memory Nest.

Here's the page I created:

 Heard of "Christmas in July?" Although come to think of it, those of you in the Northern Hemisphere might not be aware of it's existence as a "thing" - it was created so we southerners could truly appreciate all the cold-weather Christmas trimmings like baked dinners and eggnog without doing it in the middle of a sweltering summer. 
Anyway, our kids and their friends wanted to twist it a bit - they had enjoyed an Easter joke-making session so much they wanted to repeat it - hence Easter in September!


The most common way I scrapbook multiple photos these days is to make a traditional page hero-ing one or two photos, and place the rest in a pocketed page protector.



In this case I ended up using both sides of the page-protector and making two "traditional" pages.


I was scrapping with my good buddy Glitter Girl while making this  second "traditional" page (by which of course I mean that I had Youtube running in the background), and she was scrapping with a stamp.  So of course I spent much too long looking for a dress-form stamp I thought I owned, before coming to the conclusion that I had borrowed it from a friend.  So I used a different stamp and cut a dress-form on my Silhouette.  Anyway I'm very grateful to my Superhero friend for her timely inspiration!


But wait, there's more!


Because of course I was working on a Circus layout, and knew I had some circus stamps as well.  I was too far along in the process to include a clown stamp, but I used the big ball stamp in both my background and my cluster.  Happy days!


Phew! Thanks for visiting.  I'm heading back to the craft desk, and I hope you get to this weekend as well!

8 comments:

  1. OK I get the Christmas in July and Easter in September idea and think it's a fabulous way to double up on celebrations - and of course scrap pages! Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese are excellent pages using your kit. My favourite is TP fashion.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Hope you get good news on your foot. Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about your foot. I do hope you have gotten the boot off. Great pages - love that Dear Lizzy camera you've cut out. It's been a while since I scrapped with any celebrities, maybe I will "invite Tiffany and Tracie" over today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of having holidays when you want them. ;-) Great pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pages here! I think I need a piece of that cake! Thanks for using the sketch and joining in at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your creative pages!! Fabulous take on the sketch!! Loving your banner!! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!

    ReplyDelete