Saturday, January 22, 2011

While the cat's away . . .

Rob and the kids have just left to visit the grandparents in Canberra for a few days, so my plan is . . . a little bit of cleaning, walk the dog every day . . . and a whole lot of craft!!!!!
I had a go at this week's colour queen challenge . . . now what you need to know about love-to-spend-money-on-craft-me, is that I could quite happily go out and buy cardstock in every colour, just so that I would be stocked up and ready every week  . . . but that's not really the plan this year.  So even though the new 2011 spend-less-craft-more model me initially thought I didn't have the right colours, I managed to pull it off.  I was largely saved by remembering this K&Co scrap pad, with colours that were pretty near perfect . . . I didn't really have the saffron colour, so I improvised by swiping a white inkpad over the closest yellow I had.  Add some wire and braid from the stash, the old favourites of kindy glitz and magic mount, and I'm pretty happy with the result!


I didn't make a whole lot of cards last year - apart from the last minute kids birthday party kind - I think I just ended up with two many cards in the stash . . . however I am enjoying these challenges and plan to continue for a while, I think the discipline of the deadline is good for me, and I like being given colour combinations I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.  I may try a scrapbook sketch challenge as well at some point - as long as it keeps helping me focus on the creative use of the stuff that I already own!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge, Julie.

    ReplyDelete