Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Festival of Dad(s)

It's that time again, Father's Day tomorrow (in this country at least!) and Robert's birthday on Monday, so it's man-card time again! 
First up, for Dad and John (my father-in-law), I crossed my fingers and toes that ColourQ would have a challenge without any pink in it.  Did they deliver?   


Oh yes, they sure did! The trees on this bedspread reminded me of a certain under-used Stampin' Up set I own, so I whipped up two of these:


I am loving that border stamp.  I never would have bought it myself, but it is finding it's way onto my cards and pages more and more.  I love how it "grounds" the other images on this card.  
I may have taken some liberty with the white on this card, but after all, eggshell is the new white!

Onto Robert's fathers day card now, and I whipped this one up quickly using some bits of pieces from my Counterfeit Kit:

 


The addition of a bit of stamping onto the flash card made a quick but fun card - and if you think I don't put a lot of effort into a card for my dearly beloved, pop over here to see my attitude on cards for men of a certain personality type!

Last but not least, the challenge at CASE Study this week is to "case yourself".  I yet again took a bit of liberty and cased a scrapbook page . . . that I haven't quite finished! (You'll see the end result soon, minus all those threads) . . .


I took the placement of the fussy-cut chevron paper and the overlapping papers as my starting point, and just used scraps that were still on my desk from the same page.


I tend to make cards A6 size by default, so they fit in a standard-size envelope.  So it was a bit of an ah-ha moment for me when I realised . . . cards that aren't going through the mail can be any size you like! Another way to use up the cardstock off-cuts I added to my Counterfeit Kit.

P.S. Are you enjoying the Paralympics as much as we are here?  We are particularly enjoying the wheelchair basketball.  Go Rollers! Go Gliders!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, I am so glad that our colors were an inspiration in the making of your father's day cards! Happy Father's Day to those celebrating. Your cards are all so fun! thanks for sharing them with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weeks colors are perfect for those hard to make guy cards. Your card turned out great. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous colors and design! Love the chevron stripes and the sweet sentiment! A wonderful CASE of your lovely scrapbook page! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete