Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Scrapbook Page using Upcycled Packaging.

  OK, Confession Time. 
I knew, when I put together my Kraft-and-Black coloured Counterfeit Kit* add-on, "Something Borrowed" that the April challenge from Kraft It Up is  to use product packaging on a scrapbook page. 


Here's the "product packaging" that I used on my page:
  • An Oxfam paper bag (cut down to 12 inch size)
  • An envelope from Compassion.
  • Map-print tissue paper which was originally used to wrap a pair of shoes from Colorado
  • A canvas tag from a pair of jeans, also Colorado.

Other than that, all I added was some bits from my Julie Kirk kit, some DIY flair,  and some super-old flower brads and scrabble tiles. 


These photos were taken when I was heavily pregnant with Angus, which dates them at a little over 12 years ago.  At the time, one of Rohan's favourite things to make out of Duplo was guitars!

*If you've come here from Kraft It Up, and haven't heard of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, allow me to introduce you!  The CKC isn't a "challenge site" in the traditional sense, but rather, a starting point for creating scrapbooking kits from your own supplies.  Each month, they provide an inspiration kit to Counterfeit using supplies from your own stash.  Need a bit of help stashbusting?  Why not give the CKC a go, and tell them I sent you!

7 comments:

  1. Love how you've used the bits of red, black and cream against the Kraft. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing like knocking out two birds with one stone! Love all the kraft and the tissue paper that looks like a pattern-pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've rocked this month's KIU challenge Julie! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the kraft, black and red combo. I have certainly slipped certain items in my kit with a specific page in mind. Nothing wrong with that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kraft, red and black combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of packaging...brilliant layout! Thanks for playing over @ KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous recycling. Great interpretation of the KIU challenge.

    ReplyDelete