Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jay Gee's Nook October Challenge

How gorgeous is this month's inspiration piece from Jay Gee's Nook?


What draws your eye first?  For me, it was that door, and I immediately thought of a certain older sheet of paper in my Counterfeit Kit, as well as a certain cut file in my wish list at the Silhouette online store . . .


As you can see, that "gate" cut file (which is the Rolls Royce of cut files, it is amazingly intricate, and took AGES to cut!) made it's way into my collection, as did some new little birdies (swallows, I think, if you're interested) to match my brand new bird-and-butterfly-themed-stamps . . .






And when I say new stamps, I mean bought only an hour before . . .that's what I call "using what's new while it's still new"!

Enough teasers, here's my finished page . . .

 
That's me and Maddy on Christmas Day way back in 2005.  This is what I think of as an every now and then, just-for-fun page. It doesn't particularly tell a story, but captures a moment together and expresses the sentiment, spread your wings . . . and SOAR!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous page Julie! That gate is incredibly amazing and I love the birds. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suprise waiting for you on my blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the die cut... adds a little something special. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete