Thursday, February 14, 2013

A very pink layout (and a green one)

First up, I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who left lovely comments about my sick daughter last week.  The good news was, she was only sick for a day, the rest of the family did stay healthy, and I did get my weekend home alone!

I've got two pages to show you today, first up is quite a departure from my February Counterfeit Kit (but don't worry, counterfeiters, the second one is from the kit).

I've combined two challenges for this page . . .

 . . . an old favourite - Scrapbook Boutique

Theme: "LOVE"
. . . one I've long been stalking but never attempted - White With One

Theme: White + Pink + Hearts


But I probably wouldn't have given them a second thought if it wasn't for this gorgeous inspiration from Wilna at Two Peas in a Bucket:


So let's not waste any more time, here's my page:


and some close ups:




I did the ombre painting on the weekend (when the family was away) then left it to dry.  I've been working on it in bits and pieces since then so it feels like it's taken nearly a week to finish!.

By contrast, this page for Angus came together in less than an hour, thanks to my Counterfeit Kit:


It's no secret that I tend to keep my boy pages pretty simple. With some stickers, washi, wood veneers and pre-cut arrows, I'm really happy with how this page came out!


Thanks everybody for dropping by!

11 comments:

  1. Both your LO's are fabulous Julie! How cool are those veneer embellies, I'm totally addicted myself... I just love how you have coloured them!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that ombre painted effect Julie - looks great. Both beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Great pages.
    Love the strip of hearts, the twine around the sweet pic and your title. Thanks for joining in and for sharing with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! I really love the block of photos on the second one. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh love both layouts Julie....great work! Thanks for sharing with us at SB this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooo!!!! LOVE your pink layout! I've been wanting to try the paint technique from that video. LOVE your take on it! Super job on using those wood veneers, also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your LO is fabulous!! Both of them are!! Love the hearts on the pink
    Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages Julie! Thanks for joining in at White With 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your cakes and love your LO !
    thanks for playing at WW1!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both layouts.
    Thanks for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique

    ReplyDelete