Saturday, December 17, 2011

Product challenge to self: paper strips

It's the first day of the school holidays, and before I got stuck into all my chores, I wanted to finish this page. It is based on the December Scrapbook Boutique challenge, which is to use the colours blue, pink, red and white.  After a couple of false starts, I decided that this would be a good project to challenge myself to use  only paper strips. Since I decided to store my paper strips separately to my other off-cuts back here, I've found I've turned to them often.  I won't pretend the quantity has dwindled that much (or at all), but I'm using strips at about the same rate that I'm adding them! 


I hope I'm forgiven for adding a tiny bit of other colours to this page, namely the pastel word and letter tiles.  They were just too perfect for this page, and just scream "baby girl".  As my baby is now 8,  the number of baby girl pages I have still to make are pretty limited!
For embellishments, I sewed the ribbon hearts on the machine.  I just folded as I went - no agonised pre-planing here! - and just finished them off with a button and word tiles.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous LO! Great use of the 'strips' and those hearts are sooooo sweet!
    Thanks for taking the time during the Xmas rush to join us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this months challenge......Lovely page Julie! Hmmm I have loads of strips that I need to use....maybe next year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete