Friday, February 3, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Hop card 3: Debby's card

This next card, for my mother-in-law, was based on the card showcased by Debby, at her blog, ScrapSoul.  It might seem like I've been crazy-busy working on these cards, but like I said, Rob is off to see the family this weekend (he actually left about half an hour ago) so I had a day and a half to make 3 cards.  I'm not sure how many more I will do, if I make cards for anyone too far  in advance, I'll probably just end up making them another one closer to the date! So we'll see.

Anyway, here's the sketch.  This time, I was inspired by the sketch itself.  The retro picture reminded me of a sheet of Cosmo Cricket tags which I bought last year and been getting good use out of.

You might think (or at least I thought) that this would be the quickest card so far, what with just using a couple of pre-made tags, but I agonised about the placement, and which tags to use.  In the end I mirrored the sketch and added a flower, brads and some braid. 
And yes, I wet the edges of the background paper before distressing.  Told you I love that!


No comments:

Post a Comment