Friday, February 3, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog hop card one : Kristin's card

My kids went back to school this week - three different schools!!!!!! I've been dreading it all school holidays and I'm here to tell you, yes it's tough - we've got some organising to do if we are going to survive these next two years!  My mornings have been emotionally exhausting, and I have spent my school days spending way too much time on the internet!  I have:
  • joined Pinterest - took a while to get my boards how I wanted them, and going back tracking down a couple of favourite projects I wanted to pin, but from now on, it's a quick press of the "pin-it" button when I see something I love!
  • joined the Silhouette group on Flickr.  I went back and added some of my favourite projects from last year (and pinned some other people's while I was there!).  Again, from now on, I will just be able to add the odd project as I do it.
  • started following my blog list in Google Reader - don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago, it is much more user-friendly! I spent quite a bit of time going through reading and "marking as read" old posts, so from now on I will be able to see at a glance who has added new posts since I last read them!
  • And last, (but by no means least) I embarked on the epic Leap around the World Blog Hop at Let's Scrap.  If you're not a member of LS already, I totally urge you have a peek - 50 hosts around the world, each with a card sketch to show you, each with some blog candy to give away, and it goes for the whole month!
Robert's off to see his family this weekend for his nephew's 21st so I had three cards to make pretty quickly.  Here's my first card, based on the sketch at Kristin's blog, Some Scrap Sugar:


My goal for the cards I make for this blog hop is: to use only offcuts (but then that doesn't surprise you, does it?) and hopefully a few other under-used items for the stash.
My starting points for this card were
  1. the bunch of beautiful key stamps I own
  2. the little wooden numbers that I bought specifically for "number" birthday cards, followed by the thought that they might fit nicely in a slide frame (they did!) and
  3. the colour scheme was dictated by this almost perfectly-sized patterned paper

No comments:

Post a Comment