More than once, I have seen on the challenge forums comments like: "great challenge - time to go shopping!"
Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with going out and buying a product that you're going to use straight away - in fact, I think that's the best kind of shopping that there is!
But I don't think I'm the only one who already has more than enough supplies in their stash to complete many, many projects! I like to look for ways to use what I already have, not go out and buy more!
So today, I'm linking up with Ten things on the Tenth to re-launch an old favourite of mine, "Product Challenge to Self". This is where I challenge myself to use products that I already have in my stash.
What makes a good candidate for a "product challenge to self"?
- Something you've bought recently but haven't used yet, and want to use before the next new purchase pushes it aside
- Something you used to use all the time until you got bored of it, but still have heaps of
- Something you bought because you saw a great idea using it on Pinterest, but haven't tried out yet
- Anything that you've bought and never used
- Anything you buy more quickly than you use
- A tool you don't feel you've used enough to justify the money you spent on it
- Something you've been keeping for "that special project"
- Anything that you bought because it's on-trend, and you want to use before it goes out of fashion
|my recently reorganised fibre collection|
- Fibres (scroll through the last few posts and you'll see I've started working on this already!)
- Thin strips of PP and cardstock (hopefully lots of them as a background of a page!)
- Chipboard matt stacks
- Metal (photo corners and buckles)
- Ribbon threading punch
- My Mind's Eye label stickers and papers
- Embossing folders
- Stampin' Up stamp sets
What about you? Are you ready to challenge yourself to use what's in your stash?