Monday, July 9, 2012

Counterfeit Kit: first page!

Well, here's my first page using my Counterfeit Kit.  I've more or less made a decision that the Counterfeit Kit Challenge will be my number one priority this month, but I came up with a problem straight away, that of the one portrait and one landscape photo, and how to place them together on a page.  So I went through my bloglist and came up with this sketch from Pagemaps . . .


. . . stretching it the way I often seem to at the moment, by replacing smaller photos with the 4x6 variety.


About half-way through the construction on this page, I realised how much I had been influenced by the latest Glitter Girl video, on creating depth through embellishment.  Check out the video, if you haven't already, then come back and see my clusters of embellishment here:




If you're following along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, then you'll want to know that what I used in addition to the kit is the following:
  • off-cut of blue cardstock, used to cut the butterflies on my Silhouette 
  • off-cut of green patterned paper.  (I used it exactly "as is", but decided it wasn't wide enough, so added the border strip next to it).
  • green flower brads, used to attach flowers
  • letter stamps used to spell out "Swansea"
  • embroidery floss used to attach buttons.
Sound like a lot, when you say it like that, but it's just details, really!  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful page - I love the use of those little flash cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that Glitter Girl video inspiring ... I find her tips creeping into my pages. My daughter is smitten by her :-) You page looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete