Sunday, July 31, 2011

Right now.

Having recently printed out a few hundred photos, I decided it's probably a good idea to focus on scrapbooking recent history for a while, before I forget the details I wanted to record.  It was back in May that I took a photo of the uniforms that represent all my kid's activiites at the moment.  Here is the page I ended up making this week  based on SS14 from Scrapbook Challenges.
The Layout
 The photo shows uniforms from Tae Kwon Do, ballet, and soccer, the three activities that keep me and the kids running around each week.  In terms of the page layout, the papers are all off-cuts.  I loved using papers, flowers and brads that are unrelated except that their colours match those of the uniforms.  The border stitching was done by first running through the machine on the biggest straight stitch without any thread in it.  I then stitched through every second hole by hand, using embroidery floss (which I have in pretty much every colour of the rainbow thanks to a few cross-stitch projects in a former life).
a description of our shedule is written on a tag which is tucked behind the photo.  I am embarrassed to say that it is the first time I have used the "day of the week" stamps I used on the tag.  I don't know how long I've had them, except that I obviously bought them for projects just like this one, at a Crafty Kids Party I went to with my neighbour - and she moved to Canberra at  the beginning of last year!!
Here's to rediscovering underused supplies! 
The journaling tag, tucked behind the photo.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to scrap everyday life! The kids really do keep us busy!! I love how you tucked the journaling behind the picture, very clever.

    Such a great layout! Love the stamps!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete