Friday, September 16, 2011

Does this look like the desk of someone who's using up her stash?

I mean, seriously, does it?  That's a lot of scraps right there!  Every time I finish with a PP or cardstock on any given project, I tend to file it away temporarily in a kind of pigeon hole between the hutch of my desk and the wall (you can see it on the right hand side if you go back to this post here).  And then I get around to filing them away properly every few months or so.  Which is what I was doing today - dividing up by colour, then I divide each colour into large and small pieces (you can see my box and folder here).

Anyway, here is a card I made using ColourQ challenge 102 - It's a "just because I've got a new Silhouette machine" kind of card.  I splurged on the dress form and doily images with my download card that came with the machine, They are both so gorgeous I am sure I will get my 99c worth out of them! 
But here's Julie's Silhouette lesson #1:  do a test cut to make sure your blade is actually going to go all the way through your cardstock!! (You'd think I would have learnt this the day before with my stars) The time it took me to poke out all the little cutouts on that dress-form sure took a lot longer than a test cut would have!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! It looks like you are having fun with your new Silhouette. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week

    ReplyDelete