Monday, January 30, 2012

A little something extra - at no extra cost!

Some people scrapbook very fancy, very embellished pages.  Others have a cleaner, more simple style.  My pages generally tend towards the simpler end of the spectrum.  And I'm OK with that.  I like the fact that I keep the photos and stories as the key focus of my pages.
But lately, I've been thinking (especially given the size of my stash) that it wouldn't hurt to add just a little something extra to some of my pages.
This week at Two Peas, Shimelle's alter-ego, Glitter Girl, tackled just this issue, of adding just that little bit extra, (see here)so I decided to take up the challenge!


Trying a "scrapbook starting point" has never been that appealing to me, but once as I just saw it as a variation on a sketch, I could move forward, using one of the new photos I've just had printed out.
I really wanted to add some ribbon or something to this page, but it just wasn't working for me.  I don't own any mists, but I used ink and watered-down paint to bring the colours on the page together.
I'm not the sort of person to use cutesy ice-cream embellishments on a page about a trip to an ice-cream shop.  Using my Silhouette, I cut out a few asterixes from a couple of different fonts from two of the same papers, and punched out some circles from a third.
A simple page, telling a lovely, simple story!



No comments:

Post a Comment