Monday, November 5, 2012

October Counterfeit Kit Wrap-up

Getting my craft groove back (see this post), or indulging in a bit of slightly obsessive, self-absorbed life-avoidance? It's not time to call the men in white coats just yet, I don't think, but I am hoping for a bit more balance in my life over the coming weeks.
So, here's what I've been creating in my indulgance over the last few days:

 

Just in case anyone out there is interested, this page is, I think, the third that combines papers from Echo Park Everyday Eclectic and Basic Grey Konichiwa.  I couldn't guarantee these two lines would always match, but on the pages I did, I think they look awesome together!


As I was constructing this page, I realised I hadn't left enough room for the journalling (which I still haven't written - oops!).  I ended up sewing a vellum pocket, and linking two journalling cards with plain cardstock on the back.  This effectively gave me  3 cards worth of writing space, plus room for the lizard embellishment on the front.of one.


This next page was (I thought at the time) my "finishing off the kit" page, and I found this starting point of Shimelle's which I used by rotating 90 degrees:


Like I said, I thought that would be my last page using the kit, until I decided to have a go at the latest weekly sketch from Lets Scrap:


And here it is:


On this page, I used the "fairground" themed journalling cards to make 2 confetti boxes and a pocket for my journalling. There are two memorable moments that this page documents - one was the excitement when Rohan's team won the "encouragement award" and how they all just wanted to touch (and even kiss!) the trophy.  The other was how, in the line-up for the face painting, we were gently trying to encourage Angus to go for a boy-themed face, as we were worried he would be teased for having the rainbow.  He was determined, however, and I'm so glad he stood his ground.  He didn't get teased, and he looked spectacular!  


So all up, from my October kit, which consisted of 12 sheets of patterned paper plus offcuts, I managed to create 2 cards, 11 single pages and one double!  I call that a kit well used.  How did you go last month?

3 comments:

  1. Great productivity - love each and every page, especially your lizard one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful pages; I especially like the lizards crawling all over the one. And good for you for being crafty during your "life avoidance". Ah, yes, I have those days too.

    ReplyDelete