Sunday, November 18, 2012

White Christmas

No . . . not that sort of white Christmas, I live in Newcastle, Australia after all!
While we're on the subject of Christmas and where I live, we don't have any extended family nearby, so we alternate where we spend our Christmases between my family and my husband's.  Rob's family live down near Canberra, and my family is scattered between Kempsey, Tamworth and Sydney.
With a new air-conditioner installed in our living room and the possibility of a child going to camp on Boxing Day, we've volunteered to host Christmas for my side of the family this year.
What, I hear you say, hosting Christmas for the third time, ever?  Probably best start getting ready, then!
And I will, soon, but before I focus on Christmas present, here's a couple of pages I've done for some favourite challenges of mine, with memories of Christmases past.

Scrapbook Boutique never fails to have an inspiration piece that is absolutely delicious, in more ways than one . . .


And here's the page I made, using photos from the last time we hosted Christmas, 4 years ago . . .


I really enjoyed pulling out anything and everything white I could think of, trying to find some different textures . . . 

 Then I finished it off with a bit of Kindy Glitz, because if you can't use glitter on a page about Christmas, when can you?



Next up comes Jay Gee's Nook, where the selection of images is always enticing . . .


This month, I  was drawn to the colours and textures of the "Noel", but wanted to add a touch of the red as well.


This photo dates back a little earlier, to Rohan's first Christmas in Canberra.  That's him in the red on the lounge, with his cousins.

I have the latest Glitter Girl to thank for the idea of the panel with the stars. I considered filling the negative space with washi tape, like she did, but then came across this text paper with definitions of "happy" and "brighten", so that worked really well.  I inked the edges and added stitching to make a bit more definition.


I'm also linking this post up to the "Frosty Festivities" at Jennifer's Jumbles this weekend - the challenge is to make a Christmas (or winter) project without using Christmas supplies. 

Thanks for stopping by to visit! What are you up to at the moment, remembering Christmases past, or getting ready for Christmas 2012?

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts Julie. Your have used the negative die cut in both of them brilliantly. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that slightly abstract star punch that you've used and that panel looks great! We spent one Christmas in Coffs Harbour which was VERY different to our normal chilly Christmases here in England!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! LOVE those 'scrabble' letters and the stunning vellum butterfly! Oh my there is so much to look at!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY love the stitched stars! JUST so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work.........Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout Julie....love those sweet white doilies and glistening butterflies. Good luck with the Christmas planning and prep:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pages are fabulous. I especially love the negative 'here' on the first, and the negative stars on the second, you've filled the spaces beautifully!

    Both layouts have the perfect touch of Christmas about them. Thanks so much for joining in the Frosty Festivities Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julie - you won the challenge! Can you please contact me at jennifergrace (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk to let me know your mailing address? Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete