Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to You (and me) - and Inspiration Party #4




 If you're a Mum, I hope you are enjoying/have enjoyed your Mothers Day as much as I have.  Apart from the breakfast-and-presents-in-bed I requested no fighting among my children, and a couple of hours of uninterrupted craft time.  In the end it may not have been 100% uninterrupted, but it was more than a couple of hours so I'm not complaining!

Enough time to finish one more page for Shimelle's NSD Inspiration Party, this time I've decided to use prompt #8, to scraplift myself, and #18, "the power of three".

The page I chose to scraplift is one I did just the other day:





It has lots of elements that I already know are "me", namely the use of off-cuts and DIY elements.  What surprised me was how much I loved the minimal colour palette.  As I have a number of instagrams printed out, I knew I could easily scraplift this design . . .

and as soon as I saw this month's inspiration from Scrapbook Boutique,


I had my colour palette as well, not to mention a starting point for my embellishment!





As you can see, I've  kept the placement pretty much the same, except for moving the bottom cluster across to the left, and substituted the clouds with doilies and butterflies.



My Silhouette got a real workout for this page.  I cut the mask, the title of course, the butterflies, and the doilies using the Silhouette Shape of the Week

Thanks for stopping by and visiting . . . I've got just enough time to link up this page before finishing up my Mothers Day watching The Voice!

5 comments:

  1. Such a fab idea to 'scraplift' your LO, Love how you have made it look totally different but kinda the same too lol.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that quote Julie! Fab page - love the masking:) I'm loving The Voice too - can't pick a #1 fave at the moment - I have a few:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love the title and love the misting, really adds the pop effect!! Great LO Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous LO ......Thanks for sharing with Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete