Wednesday, May 8, 2013

NSD Inspiration Party, #1

Last weekend, somewhere out there in the Scrapbooking Universe, people were apparently celebrating "National Scrapbooking Day".  Were you one of them?  Personally, my May the 4th consisted of driving a ridiculously long way into the countryside for one child's soccer game, followed by an afternoon sitting in hospital waiting to find out if another child's arm was broken (it wasn't).

While I didn't do any scrapbooking on the appointed day, I certainly don't mind taking advantage of the NSD challenges out there!  Let's Scrap (who never do anything by halves) have declared an entire MONTH of festivities, and I hope to play with some of them later on.  First up, though, I wanted to join in with Shimelle's "Inspiration Party", with a mammoth 24 challenges to choose from, ending May the 12th.

I'm optomistically calling this my first Inspiration Party post, in the hopes of getting another page or two completed before the end of the week . . .

Anyway, here's a page I created using prompt #1, to use pink, and #2, to use 4x6 photos:


If this is the first time you've visited here, you might be interested in the supply list from what is a fairly typical "spend less, craft more" style page:
  • one full sheet patterned paper (Echo Park "Everyday Eclectic")
  • 6 thin strips of paper, all but one from Manufacturer's strip
  • 2 embarrassingly old Basic Grey tags (one cut into three pieces)
  • small amounts of ribbon and fibre, also from deep within the stash
  • one journalling tag, from a cut-apart sheet (one of the Echo Park "For the Record 2 collections)
  • title cut on my Silhouette from cardstock off-cut
  • another cardstock off-cut that was embossed using a friend's embossing folder
  • DIY dimensional dots, made from ridiculously small off-cuts and dimensional adhesive
  • DIY "flair" made from off-cuts and dome stickers (I bought 180 stickers for about $10, which means these three cost about 17c)
  • 2 mists (once again of the DIY variety)
  •  washi tape and wood veneers - these are relatively expensive embellishments, compared to everything else, but because I have kept these purchases to a minimum (three packets of wood veneer and less than 10 rolls of washi to date) and use them regularly, I feel like the cost-per-use is still quite low.

Thanks for visiting. But before you go, why don't you stop and let me know what your favourite ways of getting the most from your scrapbooking dollar are?

No comments:

Post a Comment