Thursday, May 9, 2013

Inspiration Party #2

Ooooh, hello! You've come to visit and see my new favourite page, have you?  Awesome!

I'm playing along with Shimelle's Inspiration Party again, this time using prompt #3, to use mists, and #23, to stretch your supplies.


How did I stretch my supplies? I'm glad you asked!  The mats behind the photos are the A and B side of the same off-cut of patterned paper.  (from Echo Park Everyday Eclectic). 

But that's not much of a stretch, is it?  But wait, there's more! I punched circles from that same piece of paper to custom-make some cloud "flair" from one side, and confetti/dimensional dots from the other. 


The other thing I love about this page is the layers of meaning it contains.  On the surface, it's  about his first time jumping off the diving towers at our local pool, but it's also a message I hope he'll take with him into life.

Because sometimes, you need to take a leap into the unknown . . .

Edited 12/5: I love this page so much I've come back and linked up to my two favourite linky parties, The Memory Nest's Whimsical Wednesday and purplemailbox's Layout Love Linky.  I've also "scraplifted" myself, which you can see here

6 comments:

  1. Love how your clouds support your theme. Perfect handmade flair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, such clever paper saving techniques, thanks so much for sharing. BTW.... I don't think I could jump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love the pop of color with the neutrals. Thanks for linking up this beautiful layout to Whimsical Wednesday. So glad you shared. Hope you will visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous layout! i love your use of the paper here. Thanks so much for linking up with purple mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the misting! And such a great message. Saw your layout on LLL. :)

    ReplyDelete