Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Take one", and Pagemaps October challenge

Here is a page I've had planned for a little while, the second page based on my "spend less, craft more" project - this time based on a mantra (for want of a better word) I created at the start of  this year:
Focus on what inspires you to create
(not on what inspires you to spend)
(you can see the original post here)
When I saw the current sketch at Page Maps, I knew the time had come to make this page.  Here it is:


The paper that the pink flowery shapes comes from is one that has been sitting in my stash close on a year.  It's a Basic Grey, which I love, but those patterns were just too big . . . it was such a relief to realize I could  "fussy cut" a few shapes rather than use the whole piece;  I was then able to give myself permission to use the reverse side (the orange dots).  I am already using the offcuts in another project!
Do you recognize any of the photos on this page?  Just for fun, I tried choosing a ribbon from the photo of my ribbon box . . .the green ribbon turned out to be perfect, and was just the right size for the ribbon punch!
For this page, I also took a challenge called "take one" which comes from SJ's Little Musings, a blog I came across through Shimelle Lane's blog.  And any friend of Shimelle's, well, let's just say I was happy to take a peek.  The idea behind "take one" is this: instead of taking inspiration from outside sources, to go back to what you love about your own pages, choose one element, and use that as inspiration!
While going through some of my family albums over the weekend, it struck me that I love it when I combine my word and letter stamps. Sometimes as a title, sometimes as journalling or as accents.   Here is one example, and this is my "take one":





PS. The "inspire" diecut came from Idiecut.com, which I also came across thanks to Shimelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment