Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Ever After" inspired scrapbook page





Here's my first challenge layout for the month, for a new challenge site I've recently come across called From Screen 2 Scrap.  Here's the inspiration for April:




 The challenge is to tell your own "Cinderella story" with bonus points for using bling, and for using a fairy-tale title.  Maybe because we're coming up to twenty years of marriage this year, or maybe because I could count the number of pages I've done about our relationship one one hand, but for whatever reason, I decided to give this one a go.  Here's what I came up with:


Now, I don't know about you, but I don't believe in fairy tale happy endings that rely on the feeling of being "in love" to see them through.  I think it's the work that you put into a relationship that really makes it count.


 My first thought on where to put my journalling was to hide it behind the big butterfly, but it quickly became apparent that there wasn't going to be enough space there, so I settled for a few verses from 1 Corinthians 13 instead:


Powerful words that remind us love isn't just about how you feel, but how you act towards those you have feelings for!


Here's to happy endings, in spite of the fact that we live in real life, not in a fairytale!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie!
    I love your 'Happily Ever After' layout for our challenge at FS2S. You sure have covered everything in the criteria, I love the added butterfly with hidden journaling and your hidden journaling pocket behind the photo. Thanks for joining us this month and we hope to see you again :)
    -shazza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Julie.
    Love purple.
    Love how much you've journalled.
    Agree with you about the work. It's important to keep at it. I've had 17 years with my man.
    Thanks for joining in at FS2S. Hope you keep stopping by.
    Also, love your blog background. Awesome colour coded ribbon box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! And you are so right in your journalling about the work. If my real job was as challenging as my relationship can be at times I would have found another job by now! Thanks for joining FS2S xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful photo to begin with Julie, & love your mauve shades & sweet butterflies...and to add some of your journaling there is delightful.

    Thank you for joining in with us FS2S with this top page. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauitful LO,I really like how you did your journaling inside the butteflies wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you added verses to the butterfly. And the photo you used is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely photo of you both and I really love the soft muted colours you have used. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page! Love your colour combo and all that journaling! Such a treasured story. Thanks for playing along this month with FS2S! :)

    ReplyDelete