Friday, April 27, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to making my Mothers Day cards . . .

The other day, I sat down to make my mothers day cards, but it just wasn't happening for me.  I came and went a few times, prowling the house trying to be constructive in between.  But then it hit me what the problem was . . . that old mojo-killer, the messy desk, had struck again! 
So I tidied up my desk, putting away every stray button, flower and scap of paper, even the tools I knew I would get out again immediately. 
And it worked like a charm.  No sooner had I pronounced the desk "clean", I was ready to start creating . . . a completely different project!
In the cleaning up process, I had stumbled across some photos that had missed the marathon putting-photos and finished scrapbook pages-in-albums session, and it struck me that they would work well with the Scrapbook Supplies Online sketch for this month:


and the colours from this gorgeous inspiration board from Jay Gee's Nook:


For the second time  in a row, I have used both sides of a single sheet of paper, this time with a much larger cardstock mat in between.  Such a great way to match colours, not to mention great value for money!


Thanks for stopping by, hope we all have a weekend as beautiful as the one in those pictures!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what can affect mojo! This is such a lovely layout Julie and gorgeous photos. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete